Older people in the UK, the new wave of Silver Surfers are making up an increasingly large groups of travellers to far away shores. These intrepid over 55s are becoming more adventurous than ever before and are going far further than the usual two weeks in Greece or Spain.
One of the biggest issues this new group of holidaymakers face is being able to find affordablle travel insurance to cover any medical costs they may incur. As you get older unfortunately the likeliehood of needing medical attention also creeps up and this is often represented in higher premiums.
Here are some of the example trips the the travel insurance provider below will cover:
- Travel Insurance Over 80 to Spain, France and Greece
- Older cover for trips to Southeast Asia
- Long stay travel insurance for the over 80s
- Long weekend insurance cover to European cities.
Alpha Travel Insurance
- Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
- 14 day cooling off period
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
- Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00
> Quote from ALPHA INSURANCE - link not working? try this
Get Going Annual Multitrip Travel Insurance
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* - £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
> Get a quote from GET GOING - Link not working? try this link opens in same window
With Jet2Insurance.com single trip insurance you can have complete peace of mind for the duration of your holiday, from 3 days to 3 weeks or more!
Medical Emergency & Repatriation (up to £10,000,000)
Cover up to 85 years of age
Quotes from- £23.00 (Med Policy)
Good to Go Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
- Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
- Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* - £67.34 (Silver Policy)
> Get a quote from GOOD TO GO INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Copyright 2017 SolSure - Travel Insurance comparison and reviews